Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 18 & 19

Due to my laziness, I chose to blog two days in one!

Yesterday, I had my second round of Group Dynamics. It went well. The professor is a bit hard to understand due to his thick accent, but the material is interesting and he provides good examples.

Next, I had my first round of Dutch I for International Students. I am super excited about this course, as it will be very pratical for my stay here in the Netherlands! We have lots of homework, but it is a small class and I think there will be ample opportunity to practice and learn the langauage. Several of my international student friends are taking the same course, so we can study together and practice too.

After Dutch, I came back to Verbs and relaxed for a bit before the weekly Tuesday night ESN mentor dinner. This week, my group was paired with group 9. A Hungarian and a Finnish student cooked for about 30 people.The food was delish! I'm not sure what it was called, but we had a colorful salad (tomatoes, lettuce, corn, cucumber and ranchy dressing) along with a potato/sausage main dish. Tasty! The best part about mentor dinners (since there are 6 going on each Tuesday night) is going around and trying out all the other groups' food. So after our dinner, some girls and I went up to my floor, where my flatmate Martin (Austria) had made goulash. Another member of his group had made sangria (soooo good!).

Shortly thereafter, I went over to my friend Daniel's (Scotland) where Christophe (France) had made crepes and Daniel had made Jello shots for their group. After socializing for a bit, we all headed out to the LG for a night of dancing and well, you know!
--------------------------------
Today I slept in for a bit and made a nice quesadilla lunch before heading to my Social Cognition class. I am not actually taking this class for credit, but plan to attend it most Wednesdays since I have no other classes on Wednesdays. It was really interesting too! The professor is really passionate about the topic, so it makes it so much better!

This afternoon, Mathea (Slovenia), Daniel (Scotland) and I went to City Centre along with Polona (Mathea's friend from Slovenia who is visiting for the week). We had fun roaming around the shops and making some purchases. I bought some much-needed groceries at Plus and part of my Carnaval costume. I'll keep that one a surprise for now :-)

We had dinner at McDonalds....I know, how American of me!?! It was pretty good, you know, for McDonalds!

Class in the morning and iceskating with ESN tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment