Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 10: Errands & Some Fun!


Today's mission: obtain a cell phone!

I have been looking to purchase an inexpensive cell phone that will be compatible with the Lebara Mobile SIM card Tilburg gave us during Orientation. So far, all of the stores have said the cheapest phone they have is around 30-45 euros. Me, being the thrifty one that I am, decided to wait to find a better deal on a phone....and I did! I purchased one today in the Tilburg City Centre for only 15 euro! Its not glamorous by any means, but it will fulfill its necessary functions :-)

I had lunch in the FoodPlaza with some friends before heading to the City Centre with them. We roamed around for a bit, bought my phone, looked at some costume items for our upcoming theme parties, and went to see a movie at the Must See Cinema. I bought an adorable traditional Dutch mug (for hot coco on all these cold nights!) and some items for tomorrow night's party with a "Holland" theme.

We saw Sherlock Holmes in the club seating of the Must See Cinema. Club seating is a special area with couch seats, free beverages and a special entrance to the theater! It was pretty awesome! We really enjoyed it!

Tonight I will be attending a floor meeting with the others that live in my flat. I assume we will be hearing all about the "house rules" and getting to know one another better. Should be fun ;-)

Its also really cold! Today it didn't get above 32 F and right now it "feels like 21 F" according to the Weather Channel. Tomorrow its supposed to be in the 20's (feels like the teens)....CHLLY!!

Classes begin tomorrow...looking forward to it!!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah! I love following your blog! I can't wait to come visit you and for you to visit me. Check you're facebook by the way, so we can organize!

    Keep up the blogging!

    ReplyDelete