Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 5: Becoming a Dutchie


Today was all about becoming a true Dutchie:

1.) Applying for a residence permit- in just a few weeks, I will be legally living here!
2.) Getting a bike- now I can ride my bike to class, the market and the City Centre, which will make things much faster than old-school walking!
3.) Ending the night with a drink- definitely part of the culture!

It was nice to relx a bit today. We had a bit more downtime than the past few days, so I got in a quick nap and some time to myself! My friend Jae was kind enough to give me an extra outlet converter that he had, so now I have internet and computer access in my room! (Its a miracle :-)

Tomorrow we get an official tour of the city, as well as dinner and a movie in the Centre. I will also be registering for classes...yay!

I think I'm getting used to this whole "Dutch" thing :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment